A destination for all age groups
Besides spectacular views, observation decks B and E offer plenty of attractions for both young and old. Experience take offs and landings at close range.
The Observation Deck B extended opening hours during the World Economic Forum (WEF): Monday, 21.01.2019 to Saturday 26.01.2019 from 8.00am to 8.00pm.
Observation Deck B
Welcoming some 300,000 visitors each year, Observation Deck B at Zurich Airport is one of Switzerland’s most popular excursion destinations – and a source of excitement and fascination for airport aficionados young and old.
Observation Deck B is unrivalled worldwide, featuring a range of innovations that afford visitors a fascinating insight into the complex operations of Zurich Airport. One such innovation is the observation walkway that allows visitors to watch the pilots in the cockpit. Multimedia binoculars, known as Airport Scopes, offer additional background information about fixed and mobile points of interest at the airport. Flight information pillars provide you with fascinating facts about the various aircraft and their flight destinations.
Would you like to feel what it’s like to pilot an aircraft? Your children can find out at our mini-airport – a play area that features slides and see-saws as well as an aircraft cockpit and a control tower. The SWISS Kid’s Tour includes a colouring book for children to complete in 12 exciting stages.
Observation deck B opening hours
|Winter, 28 October 2018 to 30 March 2019
||Daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|Summer, 31 March 2019 to 26 October 2019||Daily from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Admission prices for observation deck B
|Young people aged 10 to 16||2.00|
|Children aged under 10||free|
|Block of 10 tickets, adults (valid for one year)||40.00|
|Block of 10 tickets, young people (valid for one year)||16.00|
|Annual ticket (transferrable), adults||60.00|
|Annual ticket (transferrable), young people||24.00|
|Passengers with a valid boarding pass on day of departure/Arrival||free|
- The entrance to observation deck B is located at Check-in 2.
- To enter observation deck B, you will have to pass through the security check – as you would when boarding a flight. To prevent delays, please prepare for this check as you would for a flight (empty your pockets, remove your belt, etc.)
- Observation deck B may be closed at short notice in the event of weather warnings or for safety reasons.
- Dogs are not allowed on observation deck B, with the exception of guide dogs for the blind and assistance dogs.
- Hand baggage with maximum dimensions of 60 x 40 x 20 cm is permitted on observation deck B.
- Larger pieces of baggage must be deposited at the left luggage counter next to the Service Center near car park pay station 2.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the security-controlled area of observation deck B.
- For safety reasons, kickboards, skateboards and inline skates are not permitted on observation deck B. You must deposit these pieces of equipment outside before entering.
No admission to the gates via the observation deck.
Observation Deck E "Viewpoint A380"
Observation deck E at Dock E, which is mainly used by long-haul flights, is accessible in the summer via the free shuttle bus from observation deck B.
Information on the year-round passenger terrace at Dock E is available here.
|Winter||The shuttle bus to observation deck E does not run in the winter.|
|Summer||31 March 2019 to 26 October 2019